This effort supports the University of Michigan's sustainability goal of reducing waste sent to landfills by 40% by 2025.
Campus Envelope Procedures
If you have used campus envelopes you would like collected:
- Units with excess campus envelopes can schedule a pick up from the dock on the Ann Arbor campus by emailing Recycle (get address). It will be up to building staff to get the envelopes to the building’s dock.
If you want used campus envelopes:
- Please email Recycle (get address) to submit a request. Envelopes come in boxes of approximately 200 envelopes each.
If you have any questions or concerns about this program, please email or call 763-5539.
We need your help to make this program work!
If departments don’t request envelopes, then we’re not helping the environment! We have limited space in our warehouse, so if we get more envelopes than we have room to store, we will have to recycle them, defeating the purpose of the program. You have the power to make this work!
Some facts about UM campus envelopes:
- 500,000 new campus envelopes are purchased each year by departments.
- New envelopes cost approximately $0.50 each!
- Using 55 envelopes as many times as possible saves 1 tree.
- If we used all 500,000 new campus envelopes purchased in a year to the fullest extent, we could save almost 9,100 trees!
Content modified: September 26, 2011