Pumps & Steam Systems
Steve Snyder, Plumbing Foreman
Facilities Maintenance/Mechanical Systems
326 E. Hoover Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1002
Phone: (734) 647-2038
Fax: (734) 647-4848
Aerik La Fave, Technical Trades Manager
Phone: (734) 647-2081
Email: Aerik La Fave (get address)
- Installation and maintenance of radiators, fan coils, and steam traps, steam valves, and high and low pressure steam systems, steam heating coils and condensate receivers
- Installation of steam ovens, autoclaves, steam tables, etc.
- Maintain and install gas lines, air lines, steam and condensate mains and branch lines, etc.
- Provide steamfitter support, as needed, to the Regions
Pumps Operation: The Central Shop Pump Specialists have been Regionalized and pump repair work is consequently spearheaded from individual Regions with Aerik La Fave acting in a University oversight capacity as Steam, Hydronics, Pumps, Water Treatment Program Manager. Responsibilities continue as follows:
- Installation, repair, and replace vacuum pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, sewage ejector pumps, hot water heating pumps, all circulating pumps and DI system pumps
- Installation and repair air compressors
- Repair steam condensate pumps including air drives
- Repair pump seals, flanges and gaskets
To request services see "Obtaining Work Orders".
Content modified: Mar 3, 2015