GET AN ESTIMATE
The following information is provided to assist our customers to obtain an estimate. Any questions not answered here should be directed to the Facilities Service Center at 647-2059.
*NOTE - All requests for estimates at University Hospital’s and Health Center’s buildings should be submitted via the Support Services Link available on the UMHHC internal home page.
WHAT IS AN ESTIMATE?
Estimates provide costs associated with completing requested work. This is a customer option available upon request and is useful if there are concerns regarding project costs or budget constraints. Estimate requests are routed through the Facilities Service Center. The Estimate Coordinator receives the requests through the Facilities & Operations Facilities Management Work Order system and directs it to the shop responsible for the type of work requested. Once the assigned shop has completed the quote it is returned to the Estimate Coordinator who will submit an Estimate Package for approval to the contact indicated in the work order.
WHAT TYPES OF ESTIMATES ARE AVAILABLE?
NON-FIXED PRICE ESTIMATE (5 – 10 Days Turnaround Time)
- A non-fixed price estimate provides a general idea of project cost. This estimate will include some detail, a scope of work and sufficient information on which to base a "proceed" or "not to proceed" decision.
- Non-fixed price estimates are not guaranteed quotes. Customers requesting a Non-fixed price estimate will receive the range of anticipated cost based on the complexity of the scope.
- Turnaround time is 5 - 10 business days, depending upon the scope of the estimate requested.
- Non-fixed price estimates are provided at no cost to the customer.
- Work approved for non-fixed price estimates will be performed on a time and material basis.
FIXED PRICE QUOTE (30 Days Turnaround Time)
- A Fixed Price Quote provides a detailed guaranteed price and scope. Cost overruns are Facilities & Operations’ responsibility.
- Turnaround time is 30 business days. NOTE: Field work requests will be written for customer initiated changes or if field conditions are encountered which could not be seen at the time the quote was prepared. All field work requests will be accompanied with the price of the additional work. No additional work will be performed without authorization.
- Construction Services will provide fixed price quotes for any size project. Approved fixed price work for Construction Services projects can be performed on a fixed price (pay amount quoted) or time and material basis (pay what is spent, may be less than or exceed quoted price).
- Work approved for fixed price quotes for shops other than Construction Services are only performed on a fixed price basis.
- Facilities Maintenance shops will provide fixed price quotes for fabrication and new installation work exceeding $1,000 when detailed scope is provided.
- Fixed Price Quotes are not available from the following shops:
- Building Services (custodial)
- Facilities Maintenance shops (service type work)
- Moving and Trucking
- All estimates/quotes provided are valid for a period of sixty days.
- If the scope of an estimate requires engineering design, it will be redirected to Utilities and F&O Engineering (UPE) or Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC). Should this be required, the requestor will be notified and informed of possible costs and on how to proceed.
For estimate work orders, work can only proceed after the approval has been submitted. To approve, complete the Estimate Reply Form that accompanied the estimate/quote and return to the Estimate Coordinator. Once approved, the same work order generated for the estimate request is used for the actual work.
The Estimate Reply Form is to be completed and returned to the Estimate Coordinator for Declined estimates/quotes as well.
TO REQUEST AN ESTIMATE
Submit a request online through the “Get an Estimate” link found in the Customer Service tab on the Facilities & Operations webpage.
To request services see "Obtaining Work Orders".
Content modified: June 18, 2012